Error on update: 'pwtrafficdb.piwik_brute_force_log' doesn't exist

I tried to run the automated update this morning and got the following error:
## SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table ‘pwtrafficdb.piwik_brute_force_log’ doesn’t exist
When I went back to the web page it said it needed to do a database update. I clicked that and it went to another error:
_# Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@traffic.umintmed.ca and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error._

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

When I went to the main entry URL again it asked me to log in and then took me to the normal dashboard, and it appears that new visits are being tracked as expected.

1 Like

same problem here … it says I am on 3.8. now… but then the update would have taken only seconds … I have data back till 2013, so a few bytes to chew on… how can I avoid issues with further updates?

thx
Dan

Hi,

Please take a look here:

Sounds right as no old data needed to be modified and just a new empty table was created.

It would be amazing if you could try out the beta releases and release candidates of the next updates (not on your live system, but a separate testing environment) and report back any bugs that occur so that they can be fixed before the final release.

Hi Lukas, thank you!

Thats sounds very reassuring, esp. after I had issues the first time I tried to login after the update, but works now…

I do not have a testing copy, but can roll-back somehow easily…is there a test-worthy beta to download? And will i stay on the beta-channel (not wanting to always be the first to find bugs for time reasons)?
thx
Dan

Hi,

You can see all Matomo releases here:

So once 3.9.0 comes around in a few months, you can change the release channel to “beta” in the general settings. You can always switch between stable and beta release channel, but downgrade back to an older stable version.

excellent Lukas, thank you!

A post was split to a new topic: Track into second Matomo instance