ERROR MESSAGE: "Piwik 1.9.2"

First time Ive posted on here, so be gentle with me if Im (unintentionally) breaking any forum protocols in the way that Im asking for help. I did a search on the error message Im asking for help with but no results were returned…

PRELIMINARY BACKGROUND INFO

1. I created a subdomain called ‘analytics’ to install PIWIK on and my site is hosted at Hostgator.where I upgraded php from 5.4 to 5.5 as per PIWIK recommendations
  2. I installed PIWIK into the subdomain via 'QuickInstall" from C Panel
  3. When I went to the login page for my subdomain I was greeted with an error message at which point I realised i hadnt first created a MYsql database (i know, dont tell me!!)
    4 I created a MYsql database and user then connected them as per the offical installation video (( How to Install Piwik Analytics ))
    5 I still had the error message
    6 I deleted the contents of ‘analytics’ folder
    7 reinstalled PIWIK from C Panel
    8 still the same problem - see below:

###################

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 1.9.2) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/libs/Smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 270

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [:]
#1 preg_replace(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/libs/Smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php:270]
#2 Smarty_Compiler->_compile_file(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1489]
#3 Smarty->_compile_source(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1422]
#4 Smarty->_compile_resource(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1867]
#5 Smarty->_smarty_include(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/tmp/templates_c/%%A9^A91^A917CA4A%%header.tpl.php:62]
#6 include(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1869]
#7 Smarty->_smarty_include(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/tmp/templates_c/%%66^665^665FEA01%%login.tpl.php:6]
#8 include(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php:1263]
#9 Smarty->fetch(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/core/View.php:133]
#10 Piwik_View->render(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/plugins/Login/Controller.php:88]
#11 Piwik_Login_Controller->login(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/plugins/Login/Controller.php:46]
#12 Piwik_Login_Controller->index(…) called at [:]
#13 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/core/FrontController.php:138]
#14 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/core/Controller.php:719]
#15 Piwik_Controller->redirectToIndex(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/plugins/CoreHome/Controller.php:42]
#16 Piwik_CoreHome_Controller->redirectToCoreHomeIndex(…) called at [:]
#17 call_user_func_array(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/core/FrontController.php:138]
#18 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [/home1/MyWebsite/public_html/analytics/index.php:53]

###################

Hoping that some kind soul out there has a clue what’s going wrong and what I should do about it.

Cheers

Jamie

Hi there,

please upgrade ASAP to the latest Piwik version which is currently 2.9.1
you are using a version that is more than 1 year old and has so many bugs. Thanks!

Hi Matt,

is it a simple question of:

1 - deleting everything in the ‘analytics’ sub directory and then
2 - proceeding as per your instructions (download the latest version - 2.9.1 ) and
3 - following the official video (ftp that version to my sub directory)

if the answers are ‘1 - yes, 2 - yes, 3 - yes’ GREAT, if not, please advise

Jamie

ps - instead of ftp’ing can i just upload from c-panel?

Yes, see also: Update Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo