Error in UI when searching in the Pages widget for?

When searching in the pages widget in the UI, I entered ?, searched and got a bunch of errors back. (I was looking for pages with query strings.) A similar set of errors happens when searching for other characters like [ and *

One of the stack traces (they are all pretty much identical):

There is an error. Please report the message (Piwik 2.4.1) and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in ......\piwik\core\DataTable\Filter\Pattern.php on line 72 

Backtrace -->

#0 Piwik\Error::errorHandler(...) called at [:]
 #1 preg_match(...) called at [......\piwik\core\DataTable\Filter\Pattern.php:72]
 #2 Piwik\DataTable\Filter\Pattern::match(...) called at [......\piwik\core\DataTable\Filter\PatternRecursive.php:80]
 #3 Piwik\DataTable\Filter\PatternRecursive->filter(...) called at [......\piwik\core\DataTable\Filter\PatternRecursive.php:71]
 #4 Piwik\DataTable\Filter\PatternRecursive->filter(...) called at [......\piwik\core\DataTable.php:425]
 #5 Piwik\DataTable->filter(...) called at [......\piwik\core\API\DataTableGenericFilter.php:169]
 #6 Piwik\API\DataTableGenericFilter->applyGenericFilters(...) called at [......\piwik\core\API\DataTableGenericFilter.php:42]
 #7 Piwik\API\DataTableGenericFilter->filter(...) called at [......\piwik\core\Plugin\Visualization.php:576]
 #8 Piwik\Plugin\Visualization->applyGenericFilters(...) called at [......\piwik\core\Plugin\Visualization.php:319]
 #9 Piwik\Plugin\Visualization->applyFilters(...) called at [......\piwik\core\Plugin\Visualization.php:171]
 #10 Piwik\Plugin\Visualization->buildView(...) called at [......\piwik\core\Plugin\ViewDataTable.php:374]
 #11 Piwik\Plugin\ViewDataTable->render(...) called at [......\piwik\core\Plugin\Controller.php:281]
 #12 Piwik\Plugin\Controller->renderReport(...) called at [......\piwik\plugins\Actions\Controller.php:88]
 #13 Piwik\Plugins\Actions\Controller->getPageUrls(...) called at [:]
 #14 call_user_func_array(...) called at [......\piwik\core\FrontController.php:531]
 #15 Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(...) called at [......\piwik\core\FrontController.php:84]
 #16 Piwik\FrontController->dispatch(...) called at [......\piwik\core\dispatch.php:34]
 #17 require_once(...) called at [......\piwik\index.php:47]

Not a big deal, but I thought you’d want to see it. Hope this isn’t a duplicate. I searched and didn’t find anything that looked the same.

Thanks for the report. This is a known bug that we’ll fix in coming release: Searching in datatable for `?param` results in error message · Issue #5949 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub