Error in IE after Upgrading from 1.9.2 to 1.10.1

Upgrade seemed to go well, and it appears to be working fine in Firefox, however IE is having issues. I am getting “Done but with errors on page” and I get no data, I can see the basic layout, but generally speaking, no information on the page.

Here are the error details I’m getting:

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:26:28 UTC

Line: 1029
Char: 95
Code: 0
URI: http://okcstats.global.prv/piwik/index.php?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=dc13b5347b61bb7d7cede5094ca6db11

Line: 121
Char: 4
URI: http://okcstats.global.prv/piwik/index.php?module=MultiSites&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

Line: 248
Char: 1
URI: http://okcstats.global.prv/piwik/index.php?module=MultiSites&action=index&idSite=1&period=day&date=yesterday

AND

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; GTB7.4; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:27:36 UTC

Line: 1029
Char: 95
URI: http://okcstats.global.prv/piwik/index.php?module=Proxy&action=getJs&cb=dc13b5347b61bb7d7cede5094ca6db11

Line: 121
Char: 4

Line: 248
Char: 1

try delete browser cache. also delete files in piwik/tmp/

try again ?

Thanks Matt, I tried that, no dice. Same result. Cleared Cache and Cleared out the piwik/tmp folder, still get nothing in IE.

Any other ideas?

Followup, this appears to be isolated to the IE Browser…using FF everything displays correctly and works fine. However, IE still only shows me a shell with no data (See Attached Image)

Thanks!

i also have the same problem here. When i access the piwik with IE9, the page is rendered by default with “Browser Mode: IE9” and “Document Mode: IE7”.

If i change everything for IE9 or IE8, everything is fine. But as soon as the Document Mode is IE7, i get the problem.

alex

Can you view the the demo site? Does IE have any special plugins that may be injecting bad code you could try to temporarily disable?

demo.piwik.org

I just tried the Demo site and it works fine in IE8 for me. I don’t have any plugins that I’m aware of. The errors I get are consistent though, as indicated in my original post, something to do with setRowData being undefined?

[i]Message: Expected identifier, string or number

Also, tried following Matt’s advice to no avail…emptied the /piwik/temp directory on our linux server, as well as local cache and temp files on my machine (both through the IE “Delete” option, and Manually navigating to the folder and deleting everything).

Still no dice :frowning:

Can you check to see if there are any errors in the apache logs?

Can you try and turn on compatabiltiy mode.

disable Compatibility Mode in Internet Explorer 8 or 9:
Open Internet Explorer.
Click the Tools menu at the top of the window (or press Alt + T if the Tools menu is not visible) to view the Tools menu.
Uncheck Compatibility View to disable this mode.

i’ve just tried the demo site with IE9 and my Compatibility View is disabled. But as soon as i put “Document Mode” at IE7 standards, it brake the site.

Do you have the latest version of java installed on that machine?

in the IE9 Add-ons, i have Java Plug-In and Java Plug-in 2 v6.0.300.12
just in case, i have Win7 x32

Mine appears to be fixed, it definitely has something to do with compatibilty mode, at least for me. What I did was slightly different than your suggestion, however, thank you for having me look at the compatibility settings! :slight_smile:

What I did to fix it it was this:
Went to
Tools - Compatibility View Settings
I UNchecked all the boxes at the bottom of that settings window, in my case I UNchecked,

• Include updated website lists from Microsoft
  • Display intranet sites in Compatibility View (Our piwik installation and URL are Intranet sites for us.)

However this was already unchecked for me:

• Display all websites in Compatibility View

how about via control panel the javaversion?

This still is something I’d like someone to look at since I have a lot of users who access our web analytics, and I don’t think each of them should have to fiddle with their Compatibility settings just to view it in IE.

I wonder what changed to cause this confilict?

I bet its just the intranet box to uncheck, can you try leaving the other one

• Include updated website lists from Microsoft

on and see? Also can you mark this as (solved) I know its a caveat but in this case i think its more an IE issue that has broken things. Just my opinion…

by default, it seems that IE9 (and IE8) are printing the intranet website in Compatibility Mode. In the Compatibility View Settings, there’s a setting “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View”.

But i dont think the solution is to tell everyone to uncheck this setting. We will have to find how to fix the website to work on IE7.

Actually, we faced the same issue since updating to 1.10. As we are not able to change the settings of our IE 8 (due to security restrictions), we looked for another workaround:

You can force the I.E. 8 to render the page in the “Document Mode: IE 8 Standards” by setting the meta tag

Solution: Just open the file piwik\plugins\CoreHome\templates\header.tpl and add the mentioned meta tag to the header:

{$siteName} - {if !$isCustomLogo}Piwik › {/if} {'CoreHome_WebAnalyticsReports'|translate} ...

SEE bug report Piwik Widgets in IFRAME in Internet Explorer · Issue #3707 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub