Error in Events report after upgrading to Piwik 2.16.0

After upgrading to Piwik 2.16.0, I get errors when viewing the events report, specifically when I click to view the “Event Actions” sub-report. Instead of a table, the following error message is displayed:

Unsupported pivot: the subtable dimension for 'Events.Event Actions' does not match the requested pivotBy dimension. [subtable dimension = Events.EventName, pivot by dimension = Events.EventCategory]

And if I immediately go to the Administration page thereafter, I get this additional error message:

ERROR: Failed to get data from API: Unsupported pivot: the subtable dimension for 'Events.Event Actions' does not match the requested pivotBy dimension. [subtable dimension = Events.EventName, pivot by dimension = Events.EventCategory] #0 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/DataTable/Filter/PivotByDimension.php(170): Piwik\DataTable\Filter\PivotByDimension->checkSupportedPivot() #1 [internal function]: Piwik\DataTable\Filter\PivotByDimension->__construct(Object(Piwik\DataTable), 'Events.getActio...', 'Events.EventCat...', '', 0, 0) #2 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/DataTable.php(493): ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs(Array) #3 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/API/DataTablePostProcessor.php(160): Piwik\DataTable->filter('PivotByDimensio...', Array) #4 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/API/DataTablePostProcessor.php(110): Piwik\API\DataTablePostProcessor->applyPivotByFilter(Object(Piwik\DataTable)) #5 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/Plugin/Visualization.php(444): Piwik\API\DataTablePostProcessor->process(Object(Piwik\DataTable)) #6 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/Plugin/Visualization.php(185): Piwik\Plugin\Visualization->applyFilters() #7 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/Plugin/ViewDataTable.php(414): Piwik\Plugin\Visualization->buildView() #8 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/Plugin/Report.php(338): Piwik\Plugin\ViewDataTable->render() #9 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/Plugin/Controller.php(327): Piwik\Plugin\Report->render() #10 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/plugins/Events/Controller.php(96): Piwik\Plugin\Controller->renderReport('getAction') #11 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/plugins/Events/Controller.php(48): Piwik\Plugins\Events\Controller->indexEvent('indexAction') #12 [internal function]: Piwik\Plugins\Events\Controller->indexAction() #13 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/FrontController.php(495): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #14 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/FrontController.php(99): Piwik\FrontController->doDispatch(NULL, NULL, NULL) #15 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/core/dispatch.php(34): Piwik\FrontController->dispatch() #16 /var/www/xx.xx.xx/public_html/index.php(27): require_once('/var/www/xx.xx...') #17 {main}

I can’t figure out what’s wrong… Anybody…?

tracked in https://github.com/piwik/piwik/issues/9716