Error because of too many traffic?

Since this morning, my piwik shown this error :

SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away

or

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 225968128) (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/mywebsite/public_html/core/DataTable.php on line 1128

yesterday I added 1 more website to be tracked with my installed piwik with approx. 50,000 unique visitor a day.

I think this error is caused by this website’s logs.

Does anyone face the same problem when using piwik for high traffic website?

eh . … no answer style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

finally my hosting account suspended by pacific host due to using Piwik for reason excess amount of resources on the server style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

In the past, i had the first message often.
I’ve send an email to my host (QuébecIT), and it said something in the config of files had to be fixed.
He also added that i just have to tell him if it ever happen again.

For the other problem, i think it’s just partially related.
I mean, your host doesn’t seems to like when people are using softwares on theirs sites.
Maybe they could have blocked a very used wiki or forum too.
Or even a blog like dotclear.

Before installing a software on our hosting, it’s not a bad idea to ask them what they think of it and it’s impact on the others sites on the shared hosting.

But, in the end, maybe your host is not a good one, or the “forfait” (sorry, my first language is french) you selected was not the good one.

Oh, and i’m sorry but i dont think the devs can really help here since it’s not a Piwik problem.
But could it be a misconfiguration problem ?

EDIT :

Rereading your first post, i think that the usage your doing of Piwik (50.000 visitors) really need a good professionnal and costly hosting. Even my hosting woudn’t be able to handle that.

[quote=brokencode @ May 18 2010, 09:39 PM]eh . … no answer style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

finally my hosting account suspended by pacific host due to using Piwik for reason excess amount of resources on the server style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif[/quote]

Refer to your hosting provider’s Terms of service. It can be quite restrictive for cheap shared hosting plans.

The SQL error means the database was too busy to service your SQL query within some timeout. (Your hosting provider would know how long that timeout is.)