Error 403 when selecting website

We have several websites set up in our Piwik installation. There is one of them that we haven’t used in a while - and when trying to select it, we get:

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /index.php on this server.

With 403 HTTP status code. Obviously it isn’t a real filesystem / Apache permissions problem, since /index.php can be accessed normally when any other website is selected. So it looks like the code is sending this status code somewhere.

This happens when selecting the website in the Dashboard section, as well as selecting it to manage access in Administration / System / Users.

We are using the superuser that should have access to everything, and anyway, not having access to a website redirects to the login page with an error message. I have searched the codebase for this HTTP status code and I haven’t found anything.

I’m not sure what to look for. Any idea where the problem may be?

Never mind. It was an Apache rule that we put because we were getting tons of unwanted traffic from that website after the customer moved to a different provider - and we didn’t remember. :blush: Not sure how to close or delete the post, but the issue is obviously solved.