Empty widgets

Last visits graph is completely empty and visits by localtime is also empty,
anyhow Im able to view visits by localtime when I change it to table format.

List of plugins, browsers by family, visitor continents, graph returning visits, visits by servertime
are also blank no text nothing, but visits owerviev shows data also in graph format.

I have tried updating, reinstalling etc. no help.

Can someone help?

[quote=Janne @ Mar 21 2010, 11:49 AM]Last visits graph is completely empty and visits by localtime is also empty,
anyhow Im able to view visits by localtime when I change it to table format.[/quote]

Hello

I have the same problem since i did yesterday evening the auto-update from version 0.5.4 to version 0.5.5.
Since it made no more visitor counts, logs etc.

Does anyone know where is the problem and how to fix it?

Thx

If you are using a reverse proxy (e.g., https -> http), you may have to set reverse_proxy=1 in your config.ini.php.

Thanks for your answer.

No, i don´t use a reverse proxy (e.g., https → http).

When you say empty, do you see “No data for this graph”?

I will give your tip a chance:

Under what section [xyz] in the config.ini.php should i insert the code “reverse_proxy=1”?

Thx

Yes, everthing shows “No Data” (in german: “Keine Daten”)

General

My mistake! I did use that poor linux gftp to transfer the (latest) to server.
It still can’t handle automatic binary/ascii and that was causing the problem.
My apologies.

Ok, i put the code string there an now it shows visits but not for “Lists of external Websites”. There ist still “No data for this graph.”

Somthing ist wrong with the update to vers. 0.5.5. because i also can´t “Active” or “Deactivate” any of the plugins.

[quote=McHunter @ Mar 21 2010, 08:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Somthing ist wrong with the update to vers. 0.5.5. because i also can´t “Active” or “Deactivate” any of the plugins.

I read in the thread “Known Issues and Workarounds, Piwik 0.5.4” ( forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=1324 ]7. Other error after auto-updating

If your tmp/latest folder contains a piwik folder, it’s an indicator that the auto-update did not complete successfully. Please check your max_execution_time in php.ini. Either copy tmp/latest/piwik to your root piwik folder, or download latest.zip. If you re-run the installer, select “reuse existing tables”.[/quote]

After checking the webspace there is folder /piwik/tmp/lastest/piwik which contains all filles from version 0.5.5. Because all this folder and files are in the root /piwik my questions:

a) Can i delete the folder /latest ?

b) Is this the reason why i can’t “Active” or “Deactivate” any of the plugins?

c) Should or can i do a re-run update with version 0.5.5?

The max_execution_time in phpinfo() shows “30”.

No. If you can’t activate/deactivate plugins then you probably chmod’d config/config.ini.php, preventing the web server (and thus Piwik) from updating it. That’s probably also why the tmp/latest/piwik folder exists – implying the update failed.

The easiest thing to do would be to:

• rename your existing piwik folder (e.g., piwik.backup)
  • move the tmp/latest/piwik subfolder to be your new piwik folder
  • navigate your browser to the new piwik folder and follow the installation steps
  • when prompted, choose “Keep existing tables”

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 22 2010, 05:45 PM]No. If you can’t activate/deactivate plugins then you probably chmod’d config/config.ini.php, preventing the web server (and thus Piwik) from updating it. That’s probably also why the tmp/latest/piwik folder exists – implying the update failed.

The easiest thing to do would be to:

• rename your existing piwik folder (e.g., piwik.backup)
  • move the tmp/latest/piwik subfolder to be your new piwik folder
  • navigate your browser to the new piwik folder and follow the installation steps
  • when prompted, choose “Keep existing tables”[/quote]

Yes, today I saw a number of files which had incorrect chmod rights. A comparison with a backup from last week (just before the piwik auto-update) shows that the piwik auto-update must have changed that. Another explanation I certainly don’ t have yet.

Meanwhile everything is working fine without this plugin problem. I will try your tips soon.

Thx

It says there a a lot of files in your lastest.zip files with wrong

File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files and refresh this page until it shows no error.Details

I made a new download from the piwik site and I unpacked the latest.zip with WinRar an also with WinZip.

[quote=McHunter @ Mar 22 2010, 08:37 PM]File integrity check failed and reported some errors. This is most likely due to a partial or failed upload of some of the Piwik files. You should reupload all the Piwik files and refresh this page until it shows no error.
File size mismatch: …/piwik/libs/open-flash-chart/php-ofc-library/ofc_y_axis_labels.php (expected length: 800, found: 744)
File size mismatch: …/piwik/libs/open-flash-chart/php-ofc-library/ofc_y_axis_label.php (expected length: 509, found: 472)[/quote]

I download them also from:

dev.piwik.org/svn/tags/0.5.5-rc1/

and from:

dev.piwik.org/svn/tags/0.5.5-rc2/

I made FTP uploads with WS_FTP Pro an WinSCP. The poblem ist still the same. Local file size is OK but after upload on the webserver the sizes are too less.

Crazy, what is this problem?

end of line characters. transfer in binary mode (rather than auto-detect).

0.5.5rc1 is a release candidate tag. Please use the official release.

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 22 2010, 09:51 PM]end of line characters. transfer in binary mode (rather than auto-detect).

0.5.5rc1 is a release candidate tag. Please use the official release.[/quote]

Thx for your support.

Meanwhile I did a complete new installation with the download from this source:

piwik.org/latest.zip

But still i can´t active or deactive any of the plugins.

I use piwik since Nov. 2009 and everthing was working perfect with start version 0.5.1 and all auto-updates to version 0.5.4 to last friday (20. March 2010) when i made the auto-update to version 0.5.5.

chmod config.ini.php so that it’s writeable by the server

Thx very good tip.

Chmod was 755 but why because after upload all new files i checked and it was 777. Maybe the piwik install was changing that!?

This was (so I think now) also the problem with the “old” piwik installation when i started the auto-update to version 0.5.5. Is the piwik auto-update changing the chmod of some files?

The piwik auto-update doesn´t change chmod from the global.ini.php file.

[quote=McHunter @ Mar 22 2010, 11:03 PM]Thx very good tip.

Chmod was 755 but why because after upload all new files i checked and it was 777. Maybe the piwik install was changing that!?

This was (so I think now) also the problem with the “old” piwik installation when i started the auto-update to version 0.5.5. Is the piwik auto-update changing the chmod of some files?

The piwik auto-update doesn´t change chmod from the global.ini.php file.[/quote]

Most likely the piwik install was changing that.