Downloading entire Visitor Log?

Hi all,

I’d really appreciate your help with this.

I need to download my site’s entire visitor log (i.e., the logs of every single visitor.) However when I use the API (Live.getLastVisitsDetails) or the web interface (Visitors -> Visitor Log), I can only download 100 entries at a time. How can I access all of the entries (several thousand) at once?

Thanks!

Neel Mehta
neel@hathix.com

In the URL set &filter_limit=1000000

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your help. I’m getting that out-of-memory error (
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes)) when I set the limit any higher than 500. I followed the FAQ’s instructions of how to increase the memory but that’s not doing anything.

What do you suggest?

Thanks again!

Neel

In the next version you can specify paging in the API, so wait a few days for that maybe… then you can get 0,1000 then 1000,2000 etc.

Hi Matt,

Just upgraded to v1.12.0b20. Is paging available in this version? And if so what query strings do I use to activate it?

Yes it’s available, see: BREAKING API changes to Live.getLastVisitsDetails parameter and output · Issue #3905 · matomo-org/matomo · GitHub for more details

I’ve had this problem too.

I used to be able to use &filter_limit=-1 to download all visits. That no longer works (for the last 6 months or so).