Download URL shows twice - 'www' and without 'www'

Hi everyone,

I just noticed that when I go to Actions > Downloads I see that Piwik is counting files downloaded from two places within domain - that is, the domain as “www.example.com” and “example.com”.

The data does NOT seem to be duplicate since the second (ie. example.com) one has a much smaller number.

Question is - Is there anyway to make Piwik ignore the ‘www’ or add ‘www’ so that it only shows once.

I tried to go thru my entire site to add the ‘www’ on any links but it still shows up. Just wondering if there was a option in Piwik.

Right now I need to add the files downloaded with the ‘www’ and add the ones without the ‘www’ to get a total count on a particular file downloaded.

Thanks

[quote=lespaul4]

Question is - Is there anyway to make Piwik ignore the ‘www’ or add ‘www’ so that it only shows once.

Right now I need to add the files downloaded with the ‘www’ and add the ones without the ‘www’ to get a total count on a particular file downloaded.

Thanks[/quote]

Same here!

I would recommend setting up htaccess as explained in mod rewrite - .htaccess - how to force "www." in a generic way? - Stack Overflow

So Piwik can figure this out for every other section…except for Downloads?

Any solution do this (if you don’t wan’t a .htaccess redirect)?