Domstream \ click playback \ session recording solution

Hi all,
We’ve been testing new products for self-hosted analytics, and we require some key features:

• Goal management
  • User session recording
  • Real time tracking
  • Funnel analysis
  • Event (action) tracking
  • Server side and client side API

Piwik seems like a great, community based project - and has almost all the features we are looking for. Unfortunatly, I couldn’t seem to find any decent (neither paid nor free) solution for the session recording.
Am I missing something? Is there a plugin \ 3rd party that allows self-hosted session recording for piwik?

Any response would be greatly appreciated! :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,
Noy.

Hi,

what do you mean writing “session recording”?

Somthing along the lines of http://www.inspectlet.com/, for example…

why do you need a piwik plugin to do that?i had inspectlet installed and working just fine a while back when i wanted to check for adwords bots… insert the code and that`s it, what do you need piwik to do?.. session recording is not something that an analytic platform must focus upon, and i believe not even a plugin can do it properly,let alone an open-source one. because this sesion recording and playback is a pretty complex product which requires lots of work to be done… i for one did not like inspectlet that much, i preffered Visitpath which is software-based (not browser), much better playback system and is overall more feature-rich than inspectlet and also 1-time payment only with lifetime site-license system, not requiring a monthly fee.

I do understand, but right now we’re looking for a self-hosted solution which will include this specific feature…
Since there is a lot to be done, we are more than happy to pay for such product.

I disagree in regards to the open-source solutions quality comment, I think there are amazing open source products, many times better than closed source ones.

i did not reffer to quality, but ratherr it takes years to develop a good quality open source product vs a paid one…also, there are free open-source solutions for session recordings, but are just plain primitive compared to paid ones :slight_smile: it s a matter of manpower, 1-2-3 programmers working on free time vs 10-20-30 working full-jobs, etc…

anyway, good luck

We've just released Heatmap + Session Recording for Piwik Analytics!

More info:

• Heatmaps show you where on a page your visitors click, move the mouse and how far down they scroll so you can discover which content your visitors actually pay attention to, where your content is confusing, and whether your content is engaging. Based on this information you can improve your content and page structure and ultimately increase your conversions.
  • Session Recordings lets you record all clicks, mouse movements, scrolls and form interactions of a visitor so you can replay them in a video. See exactly what your visitors did on your website to truly understand them. Find out where they have problems or get confused to improve usability and conversions.

Comes with 100% data ownership, full control over your data, and no limitations.

Learn more