Does not save: Window positions, adding new website, editing website

Tried moving around the windows on the main page but when I leave the page they return to their original position. Also when I try editing my website information (or adding a new website) it stays on Loading data… indefinitely.

I installed piwik from source and everything checked out so is it a bug or a file with incorrect permissions?

Thanks

Anyone?

What Piwik version? There was a problem with 1.0 and at least one hosting provider (e.g., Hostgator) with mod_security rules that blocked certain Piwik operations (e.g., tracking and sites management).

I don’t believe the dashboard would have been affected though. Does your PHP build support json?

I’m running version 1.1.1 and have json built in. About to test out the latest svn release to see if things change. The only requirement that isn’t met with my hosting company is php 5.3 (using 5.2.14).

Where are the window positions being saved, cookies, db, file?

If a file, what permissions should all of the files have to save settings. I assumed the initial set up tested the entire directory for the proper permissions.

Thanks

Just finished installing 1.2 and it works perfectly. Window positions are being saved, able to edit and save existing website information, and able to add new websites. There are other errors (within the coding) but it’s expected with a devel copy.

I have no problem waiting for the stable 1.2 release knowing the problems are resolved.

If you’re seeing errors, open a ticket in trac to make sure it gets fixed.

I have the same problem here with 1.1.1. Is there a quick fix for this version or do I have to wait for 1.2 stable?

[quote=bit]
I have the same problem here with 1.1.1. Is there a quick fix for this version or do I have to wait for 1.2 stable?[/quote]

Tried everything but still nothing.

Maybe the admins can come out with a patch to tide us over until 1.2 comes out?