Do not Track disabled for IE10 - are you serious?!

Dear Piwik team,

I think this is a bad decision. If piwik is not respecting the DNT header it’s taking stance against the whole initiative. Internet privacy is an important issue and until now I thought the Piwik team takes this seriously. In my view this is an important differentiator to google analytics and other commercial tracking services.

We are using piwik and the DNT plugin because we guarantee users that we do not track them if they activated the DNT option. And we state this in our privacy statement. We surely can not add an exception there, saying that IE10 users are tracked no matter if they activated DNT or not.

Are you providing a configuration option to deactivate the deactivation for IE10 or do we have to provide our own DNT Plugin (which surely is no big deal though)?

Cheers,

Hauke

Ok, after diggin’ deeper into the discussion about the Microsoft move to enable DNT by default, I realise it’s more complex then my statement above assumes.

However, I think there should be the option for piwik users to decide if they will check for DNT with the IE10 or not.

Cheers,

Hauke

The point is ALL ie10 have DNT. So if we enable it, none will be tracked… I don’t see the need for an option at this stage

The targets are !=. For the ad is change the content, but can work without cookie (just use ad witch match with the website).
The stat (mostly private), it’s to do anonimous stat to inform the web master about the trafic, and don’t impact the privacity (It’s general data like 60% of ie, … nothing specific).