Deleting statistics for a website

First off, I know there is a wiki article on this, but how come there isn’t a way to delete statistics for a website within Piwik itself? Why was a Wiki article written about it yet it wasn’t implemented as a feature? I find that absolutely crazy. (wiki is How do I delete all statistics for a given website, or for all websites? - Analytics Platform - Matomo)

I tried to delete the tables using the query on that wiki however I always get an error “#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘WHERE idsite 2’ at line 1”. I have tried all sorts of variations of the WHERE command, using different quotation marks, spaces in different places - everything - and it’s just not working. I’m on the latest MySQL.

But then I just all out go and delete all of the archive blob and numeric tables however the ones for this and last month keep reappearing even after dropping them. I don’t understand what’s going on and why this can’t be simpler. :frowning:

I find that absolutely crazy.

You can have your opinion. We prefer not to let users delete data with one or two clicks, as this is not recoverable.

it should be WHERE idsite = 2

It should still be an option though, even if it was hidden deep down and I had to tick a checkbox to agree that the data is not recoverable. I can delete a website but no the statistical data? Very odd choice in my opinion.

I tried that as part of my tests as per the wiki and WHERE idsite =2 doesn’t work and generates the syntax error