Deactivation Session Recording

Hello!

We use the plugin Heatmap and Session Recording. For legal reasons we can only use the heatmap. How can I turn off the session recording only?

Regards
Pete

Hi there,

Session recording will only work if you configure it to do so. If there is no configuration, session recording is effectively disabled.

Thanks,

Hello Jason,

thank you for your quick answer.

Ok, I have expressed myself wrong.
We want to use Heatmap, but it should not be possible to configure Session Recording.
We want to disable the use of Session Recording completely.
Users should not even see the Session Recording function. Can I hide it?

Regards
Pete

Hi Pete,

Understood :slight_smile: Disabling features in the menu is not a native function of Matomo. Potentially you could hide the feature within the theme: Themes: Develop - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3 this will just hide the feature not disable it.

Thanks

Hi @Pete_Trombone ,

We just released the version 4.1.0 for the plugin HeatmapSessionRecording, with this new version we’ve add the following feature:

• Added option to disable session recording independently.
  • By enabling this feature no session recording will happen and it will delete all the existing recordings.

The minimum version of Matomo required to install this version of the Heatmaps and Session Recordings plugin is Matomo 4.0.0
Please keep in mind that enabling this feature will delete all of the existing Session Recordings and there will be no way to recover these deleted Session Recordings.

This new option can be enabled by a Super User by navigating to Administration > ​​​​General Settings > HeatmapSessionRecording and enabling the option “Disable Session Recording”

If you have any other questions regarding this, please feel free to reach out to us.
Thanks,​​​

​​​​

1 Like

Hello Richard!

Thank you very much for the good news!
We had developed our own plugin in the meantime, but that is the better solution.