DB Session Storage

After upgrading I realized even though we have set the config.ini.php file to have the session data stored in the DB server it looks as though it is still being saved into the /piwik/tmp/sessions directory?

How can we know for sure…seems obvious since files shouldn’t show up in the /piwik/tmp/sessions folder if it was.

Make sure you add the line session_save_handler = dbtable BELOW the section [General] and it should work

Thanks for the quick reply. It currently reads:

[General]
session_save_handler = "dbtable"

Have you modifed all config files on all servers? if I set dbtable, it works for me and no session files are created anymore

Yes all config files have been set. So far there are only three session files in there since I wiped the install to test…Is there a table I can check in phpmyadmin to see if it is growing? Even so, no files should exist in the /piwik/tmp/sessions directory…sorta strange to me

the session table is piwik_session

I checked out the tables today and there are files being stored there so I guess have you noticed additional session files in your /tmp directory? Sorta strange that I would still have them in both places…or am I missing something?

Could you post the result of

ls -l YOUR_PIWIK_TMP_FOLDER/sessions

?

Looks like the data is beginning to be stored in the DB…interestingly the servers running 1.5.1 are not still. Seemed to take awhile…have about 6 entries but they stopped after the 19/OCT on the machine running 1.6…maybe this was an issue in 1.5.1 or it took a fresh install not sure.