Date period problem

Hi!
Sometimes I get an error message when I choose a date period or date range. We upgraded to 3.01 but I get the same problem.
For exampel November 2016 to January 2017 gives me the error “Oops, something went wrong…”. But when I choose the whole year 2016 it works perfectly. I doubt the amount of data is the problem as the whole year works but not a three months period.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is there anything we can do in our installation?
Do you have any plans to enhance and improve the date period or date range function?

Grateful for any tips and your help!

Best regards,
E

An update:
We still have this problem in version 3.3.0 of Matomo. Often when we select a date period longer than a month, for example a three months period we get the error message and no statistics are shown. I don’t know how to solve this.

We have started looking for another tool which can read our logs and handle big amounts of data better than Piwik/ Matomo. Has anybody any tips?

Hi,

It seems like your Matomo instance takes to long and is then killed as PHP limits the maximum execution time.
You could try increasing this time or look into this: https://matomo.org/docs/optimize-how-to/

The reason the whole year works is that the yearly/monthly/etc. reports get generated by the Cron-Job and are therefore already finished when you want to view them. When you specify a custom date-range, the report needs to be generated on the fly, which can take a bit.

Thanks for the tips! I’ll let our technician look into this.