Database column missing during install

Hi,

I download the Piwik 0.5.4 about 2-3 weeks ago and installed it on my server. The install went fairly well just following the directions. The only oddity that I noticed was a very late notice about directory permissions, but there was a recommended solution. This did work and the install completed.

Then I added an additional website. I then copied the recommended java code to the primary website for testing. I did not see any errors on my website and tried various things I saw on the forum.

• Disabled javascripst in IE to confirm red X appears.
  • Checked [url="dev.piwik.org/trac/changeset/1551"] but it was already there
  • Confirmed that I was not getting any data into the *_log_visit table, but there was data in the *_log_action table.

Finally I checked the apache error log for the website and found that it was generating an error. Error was for Mysql related to a missing column ‘location_provider’ in table ‘*_log_visit’. File was ‘core/Tracker/Db/Pdo/Mysql.php’ line 178. After checking in the database I confirmed that the column did not exist. I just added it with as a text field. Now I seem to be tracking data.

Just wanted to report this, so that someone can check the install for adding that column.

Thanks. We’ll throw an error here if the Provider plugin isn’t installed correctly.