Custom Variables - Report process

Hi,

I need to understand which results are shown by piwik for each custom varibale when we have more than 500 records in DB

For a given date range for the report:

piwik processes the 500 most recent results of table piwik_log_visit and displays the custom values with more visits? or

piwik processes the 500 oldest results of table piwik_log_visit and displays the custom values with more visits?

Thanks

process the TOP of all data, then keeps only the top X data. See: How to - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Hi matt,

I don’t understand when you say “keeps only the top X data”.

I generated custom variables report for day and for week, and the number of registries in piwik_visit_log table is grater than X.

But the data displayed in report day is not included in the data displayed in report weekly .

My question is:

What “top X data” use piwik ? the oldest or the newest ?

Thanks

It sums the data for the week (so sums data for each day) and then keep the top N rows

Hi matt,

I’m testing to generate the same custom variables report for the same week and I’m changing the variable datatable_archiving_maximum_rows_subtable_referers in config/config.ini.php file.

When the number of datatable_archiving_maximum_rows_subtable_referers is high (i.e.: 200) the report is right, piwik shows the users with more visits in the site.

However If I change the number of datatable_archiving_maximum_rows_subtable_referers to a low number (i.e: 10),
the report is not displaying the records with more visits, as it was displayed when the number of rows was 200.
I don’t understand the relationship between the TOP X data and the rows displayed in the report.

Thanks