Custom Filter like segmentation controls

Hi,

I was using piwik since 1 year as self hosted environment. I was able to filter reports through segment controller. Although it is satisfying all of my requirements but I have to define each segment explicitly.

For some specific custom variable I have multiple values and I do want to filter my dashboard on the bases of these values. So I do want to add a set of dropdown list at the top, which can filter the dashboard below. Please see attached image

The set consists on 2 dropdown lists. One to hold all custom variables and other to hold the values of selected custom variable.

Can anyone give me clue how to do this? I went through with dev resources and get an idea that I have to register the plugin then with help of JavaScript and CSS I can handle the post selection process. Please guide me how to integrate these drop down lists in piwik UI?

Hi yawarkhan,

I’m trying to do pretty much the same thing but I’m not sure on how to do it. Did you found a solution?

Thanks.

Hello,

I think you are requesting this feature: Let user pick her most important Custom Variables name(s), and create separate report listing top custom variable values · Issue #6762 · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub

please leave a comment in this github issue listing your use case, so your voice is heard!