Custom Alerts stopped working with PHP v5.6.16 installed

Hello Everyone -

I am currently using Piwik 2.15.0 I have several Custom Alerts setup on my Piwik server that were working perfectly until I upgraded my PHP from PHP 5.4.45 to PHP 5.6.16 I did this upgrade in order to resolve a problem with the Archive Cron job always receiving a “Segmentation Fault” whenever the Cron job ran. Now the Archive Cron job runs without any errors but does not send out email notifications as it did in the past. Also, all of my Custom Alerts do not function anymore. I do not get any Custom Alerts sent. Very frustrating that neither seems to work anymore. I upgrade PHP to fix one problem and then another one fails because of the upgrade.

Does anyone know where I can look within Piwik to see if any errors are being produced by the Custom Alert? I have checked the Server Error Log and I do not see any errors being listed. I am at a lost as to where I can look to find any information as to what is happening. As for the Archive Cron job, I have validated the Log file is being produced each time the Archive Job runs, but again I am never getting any emails sent that the Archive Cron job ran. I am getting notifications from other Cron Jobs that run on my server, so I know that email notifications are in fact working correctly on my server.

I also have a Daily Report from Piwik that seems to run successfully and sends me the report with no errors. So I know this section, Email Reports, works even after upgrading to PHP 5.6.16

Any assistance someone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you !!!

Hi Steve,

but again I am never getting any emails sent that the Archive Cron job ran.

and

I also have a Daily Report from Piwik that seems to run successfully and sends me the report with no errors

So it seems that you get some emails from cron, but not Custom Alerts email.

Since you have no error in the error log file, I’m not sure what the problem could be…

Maybe you could post a bug report on the custom alerts bug tracker? https://github.com/piwik/plugin-CustomAlerts/issues