Curl_exec: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate. Hostname requested was: plugins.piwik.org

Getting this error when trying to select the Marketplace tab. Site is hosted on GoDaddy Linux Hosting. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix? on Piwik 2.17.1. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I am seeing this also. Not certain but a bit of google seems to indicate it is an issue with up to date-ness of the root certificates used by curl_exec on the host. I am yet to get around to reaching out to the admin of the server to see if they can update them. If you manage to do that and it works, please report back!

My server host is Godaddy. Are you suggesting that I need to reach out to them and ask about a root cert being updated? I did in fact call them and they suggested it was a Piwik-end problem, as plugins.piwik.org was referenced in the error message. Also, my website does not use an SSL certificate. Any additional information you can add before I call Godaddy again and report back? Perhaps more puzzling is that my site on Hostgator gets no such error. But I do have it on PHP7 as well so I’m not sure if that has anything at all to do with it.

You comment about PHP7 made me check as I had just switched to that but no, on the same server I get the same error regardless of PHP version.

All I know about it is what I see on StackOverflow. e.g. curl: (60) SSL certificate : unable to get local issuer certificate - Stack Overflow
Which makes me think it is the server not the end point.

This has started working for me again. I believe the server (shared hosting) was updated.