Instead on only tracking online sales, it would be great if Piwik could also track phone and in-person sales.
Here’s the scario:
- Customer comes into your site from an ad (ppc, banner, etc)
- Customer reaches contact page and on this page there is a generated unique tracking code (5 digits or so).
- To recieve discount or even prices offered, customer is encouraged to have tracking code ready when they make the call to your company.
- Customer calls, gives you tracking code, and you make a note of code, date it was recieved, and sale amount.
- Every week or so, you import all of these codes into your metrics program (such as Piwik) through a feature in the admin area (with the help of an excel file).
- Now, all of your phone sales are recorded as actions, appearing along with your online sales.
I know this type of tracking plugin would be a hot addition to any metrics program. It would save companies millions of dollars every year. I would love to see something such as this implemented into Piwik. Please let me know your thoughts.