Cronjob does not Work Session Error 1&1

I know, this is a regular question, but i tried my best, otherwise i wouldn’t waste your time…

but, i’m running a piwik 0.9 on a 1&1 machine.

no chance to install php-cli as a service but I do have access to php, php5, php6

When i try to access the archive.sh for automatic tracking calculations i get this response at line 60

CMD_TOKEN_AUTH="$PHP_BIN -q $PIWIK_PATH -- module=API&method=UsersManager.getTokenAuth&userLogin=$PIWIK_SUPERUSER&md5Password=$PIWIK_SUPERUSER_MD5_PASSWORD&format=php&serialize=0"
TOKEN_AUTH=`$CMD_TOKEN_AUTH`
echo $TOKEN_AUTH

so TOKEN_AUTH becomes the well-known

<html> <head> <title>Piwik &rsaquo; Error</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <link rel="shortcut icon" href="plugins/CoreHome/templates/images/favicon.ico" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="themes/default/simple_structure.css" /> </head> <body> <div id="content"> <div id="title"><span id="h1">Piwik </span><span id="subh1"> # open source web analytics</span></div> <p>Unable to start session. Check that session.save_path or tmp/sessions is writeable.</p> </div> </body> </html>

so now i’m confused how to gain a simple peak into the piwik api via shell

If the webserver user and cron user are different, then you need to make tmp/sessions writeable by the cron user.