Cronjob breaks in an error after updating to piwik 1.7.1


Hi, All

After updating to Piwik 1.7.1 I get the following Error via mail from my cronjob:

Querying Piwik API at:
Running as Super User: ssc
ERROR: Got invalid response from API request: Response was '<pre>require_once(): Unable to allocate memory for pool.
in '/var/www/piwik/core/FrontController.php' at the line 18

#0  Piwik_ErrorHandler(...) called at [/var/www/piwik/core/FrontController.php:18]
#1  require_once(...) called at [/var/www/piwik/core/FrontController.php:18]
#2  require_once(...) called at [/var/www/piwik/core/Loader.php:72]
#3  Piwik_Loader::loadClass(...) called at [/var/www/piwik/core/Loader.php:109]
#4  Piwik_Loader::autoload(...) called at [:]
#5  spl_autoload_call(...) called at [/var/www/piwik/index.php:51]

ERROR: The Piwik URL does not seem to be pointing to a Piwik server.
PHP Fatal error:  The Piwik URL does not seem to be pointing to a Piwik server. in /var/www/piwik/misc/cron/archive.php on line 519

I’ve replaced my domain by :wink:

Here’s the message in the php error-log:

[Tue Feb 28 00:25:14 2012] [error] [client] PHP Fatal error:  Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8208 bytes) in /var/www/piwik/core/DataTable.php on line 1021

This job is called every 5 minutes … I do not understand why it’s gathering more than 128mb of data … I’ve only 500 visitors per day …


Hi, All

I discovered something strange …
The memory-limit for PHP as apache-module is limited to 256mb …

The only module that was limited to 128mb was APC … I’ve now increased it to 256mb. Let’s see if that solved the error (or at least pushed it away in some way).