Cron Error Issue After Upgrade

Hello,

I have a cron error issue after upgrading Piwik from 0.5.4 to 0.5.5. I had upgraded manually and it went smoothly. Note that the cron did work for a day or two. But today, I received the following error:

/home/exquisit/public_html/analytics/misc/cron/archive.sh: line 51: 61189 Segmentation fault: 11  (core dumped) $CMD

According to my host, the code starting at line 51 is the following:

for period in day week year; do
CMD="$PHP_BIN $PIWIK_PATH -- module=API&method=VisitsSummary.getVisits&idSite=all&period=$period&date=last52&format=xml&token_auth=$TOKEN_AUTH";
$CMD
echo ""
done

Please advise. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
A.J. Angel

If php segfaulted, then you have a buggy php binary.

If it’s a Red Hat/Fedora/Centos server, then you might have to use the workaround from http://forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=280

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 24 2010, 02:57 PM]If php segfaulted, then you have a buggy php binary.

If it’s a Red Hat/Fedora/Centos server, then you might have to use the workaround from forum.piwik.org/index.php?showtopic=280[/quote]

No, it’s a FreeBSD server. Are there any workarounds for FreeBSD servers?

Can you run archive.sh manually from the command-line (shell)? If you’ve enabled core dumps, the stack trace might help you pinpoint whether the crash is in php core or an extension.

It has been many years since I’ve used FreeBSD, so I would advise looking to the FreeBSD forums for guidance.

[quote=vipsoft @ Mar 24 2010, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you run archive.sh manually from the command-line (shell]When I ran the shell script from the command line, I received an out of memory error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3145728 bytes) in /home/exquisit/public_html/analytics/core/Archive/Single.php on line 435

I doubled the memory allocation and tested again, and it worked.

Hope that helps![/quote]