Create widget pages bars chart

(editjj) #1

I need to create a widget to integrate into the Dashboard or on a website.

The widget would show a bar chart graph with the number of visits to each page of the website.

I’ve been looking all over the web piwik and I have not managed to find information for doing so.

Can anyone tell me where to find this information?

thank you very much in advance.

I would like to contribute to the growth of this tool.

(Mikiomiles23) #2

[quote=editjj @ Sep 21 2009, 03:44 PM]I need to create a widget to integrate into the Dashboard or on a website.

The widget would show a bar chart graph with the number of visits to each page of the website.

I’ve been looking all over the web piwik and I have not managed to find information for doing so.

Can anyone tell me where to find this information?

thank you very much in advance.

I would like to contribute to the growth of this tool.[/quote]

Yeah, that’d be a great idea, Editjj. Although, I haven’t seen this done before, so it probably needs to be built.

(editjj) #3

Thank you Mikiomiles23.

Looking at all the documentation that is available for Piwik, I find nothing clear enough to be working on it and pull it off. Could you tell me where to find this documentation?

thank you very much

(vipsoft) #4

You’ll have to extend some classes first to add a Horizontal Bar chart. Refer to the Open Flash Chart 2 documentation and files in:

core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphHTML
core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphData
core/Visualization/Chart

(editjj) #5

[quote=vipsoft @ Sep 24 2009, 04:56 AM]You’ll have to extend some classes first to add a Horizontal Bar chart. Refer to the Open Flash Chart 2 documentation and files in:

core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphHTML
core/ViewDataTable/GenerateGraphData
core/Visualization/Chart[/quote]

Many thanks vipsoft.

But what I’m looking for has nothing to do with horizontal bars. My intention is to draw a chart with vertical bars, like other Piwik widgets.

I have consulted the documentation Open Flash Chart 2, and I managed to generate some graphs like those that need it, but out of piwik, my goal would be to create a widget and/or improve the current presentation of views per page.

It is the first time I’ve decided to contribute a community like this, and I find it quite difficult to find the information and documentation that I need to develop it.

thank you very much

(vipsoft) #6

Then the ExampleUI plugin and existing Actions plugin should be your references.