Computer names

Hi Guys,

I am new to Piwik, but from what I have seen its brilliant.

Just a quick question really, I have set up Piwik to monitor traffic on our drupal based intranet. I have to build a report on the viability of rolling the intranet out further and need to get user feedback. At the moment Piwik is collecting the ip address, but I wondered if there was a way I could get it to display the users computer name as well?

Many thanks

Jon

Not possible to get computer name, but if know the drupal login of the visitors you can set it via a Custom Variable; Custom Variables Analytics - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Maybe you could set a cookie to download and search for certain parameters in the file name (like -PC, or another default addition to PC names). Just brainstorming out loud, I guess you could always go the custom variables way as mentioned above

I did via custom variable for an intranet project on Concrete5, it’s 100% the way to go :smiley: It should be no different for Drupal. Let me know if you have nay questions.

Cheers for the replys Guys.

@Adrian

How did you go about doing this, I have checked and there is a section for custom variables. But using a CMS is very new to me.

Regards

Jon

I just called the variables via PHP. For our needs, I used usernames of those logged in, as this was an internal application. We made users aware when they entered we would log this info. It is easier to do than you think. Which CMS are you using?