Clickheat plugin for 0.4.1

Hi,

thanks a lot for Piwik, very promising.

I’m trying to use the Clickheat Plugin and have problems. I know both tools are currently in beta phase, and I’m not complaining. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
I just want to try to understand what is the strange behavior I get right now, since my update to Piwik 0.4.1

It was working fine with Piwik 0.4.

Update was fine for Piwik, but now I get only the following message:

Warning: Piwik_ClickHeat_Controller::include(…/ClickHeat/libs/languages/en.php) [piwik-clickheat-controller.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:_localhost\www\ez\var\piwik\plugins\ClickHeat\Controller.php on line 52

The en.php is here.

In the Clickheat/Controller.php file, I can find following line:
include (‘plugins/ClickHeat/libs/languages/’.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.’.php’);

If I’m trying to use:
include (‘libs/languages/’.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.’.php’);
File is found, but it means I need to change all other paths used in Clickheat. Sound strange. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

More strange:
include (’…/ClickHeat/libs/languages/’.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.’.php’);
it doesn’t work. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

Any idea, what’s up here ???

I can write explanations in french if required.

Thanks a lot for your beautiful work and support here.
Cheers
Lolo Irie

We’ve narrowed the include search path and introduced an autoloader. Paths in non-core plugins may need to be updated as a result.

I’d suggest using:

include PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH.’/plugins/ClickHeat/libs/languages/’.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.’.php’;

or

include ‘ClickHeat/libs/languages/’.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.’.php’;

This should work as well, but is more ambiguous:

include ‘libs/languages/’.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.’.php’;

Thanks a lot for the fast answer. Very helpful.
It fix the first issue… but now I can not access the template/view.tpl from Clickheat

unable to read resource: “D:_localhost\www\ez\var\piwik/plugins/ClickHeat/templates/view.tpl”

I’ve tried to change clickheat controller like that:
$view = new Piwik_View(PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH.‘/plugins/ClickHeat/templates/view.tpl’);

do not be confused with the libs folder in the precedent post. It’s no more existing now, since I’ve installed again clickheat before to read your answer. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif

But it doesn’t help.
Any idea ? Thanks one more time.

Cheers
Lolo

try:

$view = new Piwik_View(‘ClickHeat/templates/view.tpl’);

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 1 2009, 01:23 PM]try:

$view = new Piwik_View(‘ClickHeat/templates/view.tpl’);[/quote]

OK it was the deal…

I will now have time to check deeper the piwik API since you solved so fast my issues, and hopefully not to come back with stupid questions too early. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif
Thanks a lot !!! And good luck for the next steps.

If it isn’t too much trouble, please attach your diffs to the ticket in Trac.

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/73

[quote=vipsoft @ Jul 1 2009, 02:46 PM]If it isn’t too much trouble, please attach your diffs to the ticket in Trac.

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/73[/quote]

Sure.
Do you need the Linux Diff or a specific format ?
Should I register for your trac systems ??? My OpenX Login is not working…

Maybe it’s easier if you do it yourself:

49c49
< include (‘plugins/ClickHeat/libs/languages/’.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.‘.php’);

include (PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH.'/plugins/ClickHeat/libs/languages/'.CLICKHEAT_LANGUAGE.'.php');

182c182
< include (‘plugins/ClickHeat/libs/javascript.php’);

include (PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH.'/plugins/ClickHeat/libs/javascript.php');

189c189
< include (‘plugins/ClickHeat/libs/generate.php’);

include (PIWIK_INCLUDE_PATH.'/plugins/ClickHeat/libs/generate.php');

Ok. =)

BTW Trac has a separate login.

Thanks a lot one more time !!!

Just for info, I’ve contacted Yvan about Clickheat, and I will maybe do other minor modifs on the Controller.php or/and other files of clickheat 1.x

Are you working on it as well for Piwik ?
Should I send/inform you about modifs ?

Cheers
Lolo

There are a lot of things I’d like to work on, including clickheat integration. Alas, so little time…

[quote=Lolo irie @ Jul 2 2009, 07:02 AM]Thanks a lot one more time !!!

Just for info, I’ve contacted Yvan about Clickheat, and I will maybe do other minor modifs on the Controller.php or/and other files of clickheat 1.x

Are you working on it as well for Piwik ?
Should I send/inform you about modifs ?

Cheers
Lolo[/quote]

Lolo, it would be great if you could take ownership of the clickheat plugin and post your new versions with changelog, in a new trac ticket. For an example plugin description, please look at GeoIP plugin: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/45

looking forward to seeing the clickheat plugin working in 0.4.1