Change timezone for user?

The only topics I have found are to change the mysql/server timezones, which I can’t change.

All I want to do is tell Piwik what my timezone / offset is so I can see the correct stats without being hours off. I haven’t found this in the settings. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/ticket/56

…so in other words this has been talked about for the past 2 years and still hasn’t been implemented.

Awesome. Looks like I better start looking for something to replace piwik with, since not much seems to get done around here. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif

BTW if what you’re experiencing is a lag in reporting, then that’s a different issue.

You can fix it by setting date.timezone in php.ini, or create a bootstrap.php file in your piwik folder. See http://php.net/timezones for a list of supported timezone strings.

<?php
ini_set('date.timezone', 'America/New_York');

No, it gives me the stats several hours ahead, so my “daily” stats are partially on the next day before that day has even come.

You would have received a warning during the install (database check) that your php and mysql timezone settings were mismatched, resulting in the timeshifting. (php defaults to EST if not configured.)

You should also drop the archive tables to regenerate them.

They are both configured for a timezone other than the one I’m in. And the forum/site software, as well as other ones, all let me adjust the time to my local time, so I was surprised piwik couldn’t.

This feature will be implemented in the next 4 months.

[quote=BLueSS @ Jan 22 2010, 03:45 AM]…so in other words this has been talked about for the past 2 years and still hasn’t been implemented.

Awesome. Looks like I better start looking for something to replace piwik with, since not much seems to get done around here. style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/unsure.gif[/quote]

This seems so harsh to say to people donating their free time to a community driven project that anyone can contribute, even you.

It’s not meant to be harsh, it’s meant to be true. If a feature like changing the local timezone hasn’t been implemented for 2 years already, it shows that features don’t get added quickly here. This doesn’t reflect anything on the users who have added features or their dedication, but it does show that this project is moving pretty slowly.

And I’m not a programmer, so I doubt I’d be helpful.