Can't see totals for week, month or year

These other topics are related/same as this issue (one of them is about Piwik .4)

12411 - interesting new fact … noted he could see week totals for previous weeks … i tried and I can also see previous weeks totals … just not current week’s totals. I don’t have more than one months stats so can’t see if this would work for previous month.

Also, at least three tickets related/same as this issue:

/trac/ticket/1458
/trac/ticket/811
/trac/ticket/1375

BTW, my system variables are:

Operating system Linux
PHP version 5.2.11
Apache version 2.2.14

(it was noted in one of the topics/tickets that upgrading to php 5.2.10 resolved issue but i am hosted on php 5.2.11)

@burlysac: I agree 12411 is interesting, because it suggests the problem here may be due to something as simple as a query or array logic that is unable to handle null values (i.e., assuming that any week query must contain seven days, rather than limiting it to seven days).

One way to fix that would be to check whether the start date of the week query, plus seven days, is greater than time(), and if so, then handle the query differently.

As it is, I suspect there’s some code that is looping through an array somewhere and if it doesn’t find at least seven days, it returns NULL. I’ve never looked under the hood of Piwik, though, so I’ll leave it to some of the veterans here to see if that is what’s happening.

As you might remark it, i’m the author of the 12411 post.

I updated Piwik today, no changes.

But i had to wait about an hour to confirm there was still a problem for me. And why is that ? Because in my calendar “Tomorrow” become selectable on 00:00:00 UTC. That is at 20:00 in the timezone where i am, where the server is located and at wich every site are set up in Piwik.

So, it seems like somewhere in Piwik code, something is set to happen at UTC time.

I have set some of my sites to be viewables by anons :

stats.synaptique.ca/

This issue wasn’t resolved in 1.0

If anyone else is having this issue please report it so it can be bumped in priority for developers. Thanks.

I believe I’m having related problems.

There are three issues that I’ve noticed–

1. The stats for the current day sometime come up all 0; this seems to happen most often for sites with very low amounts of traffic, does not happen for all sites at once, and will sometimes spontaneously resolve itself during the course of a day, suddenly beginning to display traffic that was logged earlier in the day. Stats for the /previous/ day will always, however, display properly.

2. Often, any historical data period (week, month, etc) I try to display that includes any dates in the future, will display all 0s. This ALWAYS seems to happen on a site when issue (1) is occurring for that site. Selecting an individual past day within the period, or one period earlier (such that the entire period is in the past) will always, however, work.

These above two issues have occurred for me periodically ever since I set up the server, originally with version 0.7 IIRC, right up to the current version. I recently tried switching to cron-based archiving, with no change; indeed manually running the archiver from the command line does not help the problem.

1. I just noticed today a third issue, where the visitor log only displays data for the day BEFORE the day requested, regardless whether that’s the current or a past day. I believe this is a new bug not present in earlier versions, and don’t know if it’s related to the same set of issues. I will have to retest in a few hours if this only happens after the GMT date has changed to tomorrow.

Both the server clock and websites are all set to -0500 timezone.

I’d be happy to arrange access to a copy of the virtual machine this runs under for a project administrator.

Thanks,
Chris

Previous version of the visitor log was always showing all data no matter the timeframe so yes, #3 is a new bug.

dept42: #3 (Visitor Log) is fixed in svn

TulipVortax: the datepicker issue (being able to select tomorrow) is also fixed in svn. In my testing, it only occurred on the Multisites screen (not the dashboard).

Stay tuned.

OK, amending what I said yesterday…I just saw issue (1) occurring on a site without issue (2) occurring – I get all 0s for today (despite new visits in the visitor log), but DO get valid stats for this week (which includes future dates).

And now, a couple hours later, I went back and hit reload on the working week view which I’d left up on the screen, and it reverted to all 0s. Bizarre.

Dept42

i think that the issues you describe are all different manifestations of whatever bug is causing this issue eg the issue described by others in this post. this issue is that piwik is calculating either a cut-off date/time or assigning date/time to log entries that is time-shifted. i think it is manifesting itself differently bc different modules are using different core variables to do similar tasks.

1. your visits ‘spontaneously’ appear bc at some point in a day the bug resolves and calc allows stats to appear . however, some of your less visited sites will still not have visits before that period hence will not show (as far as calc is concerned they occur in the future). i bet your visits ‘spontaneously’ appear at same time each day.

2. this is same as for #1 … eg you are including ‘future’ date/times in report show won’t show as calc won’t let them

3. this is same as for #1 too

If you use another stat tracking tool and matchup corresponding visits you will notice piwik doesn’t group them by same period of time, eg piwik is time shifted

vipsoft, TulipVorlax … I strongly suspect that add-in developers are mix and matching the many date/time variables hence the differences in modules regarding date/time and period. also, as I outlined above, i also strongly recommend revisting your date/time and period strategy. I really like piwik and want to use it but this a core and major flaw.

Agree, this is a high priority. It should be fixed for 1.1.

Hello,

I am having the same problem but it seems to come and go. Weekly totals seem to display only after the week has completed but I would like to see weekly and monthly totals part way through the time period. I am using a new install of Piwik 1.0.

Any help?

Put me on the list as having the same problems listed in this thread. Looking forward to 1.1 version.

[quote=vipsoft @ Sep 10 2010, 05:22 AM]dept42: #3 (Visitor Log) is fixed in svn

TulipVortax: the datepicker issue (being able to select tomorrow) is also fixed in svn. In my testing, it only occurred on the Multisites screen (not the dashboard).

Stay tuned.[/quote]

I wanted to reply to this earlier but couldn’t log in…

I saw that it was only from the multisite not long before you posted that.

I wont try the SVN version this time around, but i will be happy when 1.1 get availlable.

I dont use much the weekly, montly and yearly reports so i can wait.

Thanks.

I also have this problem. Only daily stats are working. The site is only 7 days old so I don’t have a completed week or month as of yet. Piwik 1.0 fresh install. The month view was working, but when the stats starting populating for today everything stopped working for the week month year views

The archiving + timezone issue is fixed in the upcoming 1.1 release. If you can’t wait, try updating this file:

http://dev.piwik.org/trac/export/3246/trun…eProcessing.php

William Fay: you may have a different problem. Can you check your web server logs? Sounds like you need to increase max memory limit in php.ini.

All who experience this issue, can you please try replace your file core/ArchiveProcessing.php by the new file in:
http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/co…eProcessing.php
(Click at the bottom to download the file)

Does the new file fix your report/timezone issues?

Thank you!

[quote=matthieu @ Nov 23 2010, 04:35 AM]All who experience this issue, can you please try replace your file core/ArchiveProcessing.php by the new file in:
dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/trunk/co…eProcessing.php
(Click at the bottom to download the file)

Does the new file fix your report/timezone issues?

Thank you![/quote]

I had the same issue -> Actual day not showing all results but week worked.

After uploading that file and rerfreshing I can now see the actual day correctly but the results that where missing at the day display before are now missing at the week display.

For instance I had access toady 10-12 o’clock server time - Before the patch it was missing at the day display now is missing at week display but showing for year and day display .

Also I got a access from 2 new countries Israel and Romania

• Both are showing up at day display on the world map

• Romainia is showing additionally up if I set to monthly display but it does not at week or year display.

• Israel is showing ONLY on the day display on no other.

• Also I noticed Turkey that had 1 hit I believe is not showing at the map at all and ther is no popup if i move the mouse over BUT the pointer changes to the Hand symbol as if a popup should appear.

DO I NEED TO WAIT FOR A SPECIFIC TIME MAYBE UNTIL THE DATABASE USES THE ACTUAL DATA FOR WEEK OR SO?

Time set to 10 sec.

— (not using any additional plugins until now. Clean fresh installation from yesterday!) —

I have a same problem

i have +11 time zone. I also try to set up Asia/magadan couse it my zone, but none of Year stat updated. It just stop update at some point

Starting Piwik reports archiving…

Archiving period = day for idsite = 1…

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> ... 102 Archiving period = week for idsite = 1... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> ... 76 Archiving period = month for idsite = 1... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> ... 48 Archiving period = year for idsite = 1... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> ... 48 Archiving for idsite = 1 done!

Reports archiving finished.
Starting Scheduled tasks…

No data availableFinished Scheduled tasks.

It seems just stopd update at some point style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad.gif

And funny stuff that it update daily stat, but stops update Year, month, and now seems also stops update weekly…

I hope my logs helps u figure out what happend…

I make TRUNCATE for

piwik_archive_blob_2010_01
piwik_archive_blob_2010_11
piwik_archive_numeric_2010_01
piwik_archive_numeric_2010_11

And it helps when i manual run regen archive, but next time it again only updates for a day