Can't see auto update notification

How do I enable the auto update notification? I can’t see it and would love to upgrade…

Digging deeper, may be the CHECK_INTERVAL setting, makes sense style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif Now to find out where to update it style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif

To get it to update straight away, just edit CHECK_INTERVAL in core/UpdateCheck.php - it will get overwritten after the update. Update went smoothly otherwise. Maybe have a force check button somewhere???

Thank you so much for posting this; it saved me from creating a new thread. I have been religiously following Piwik development and updates. I was sad that my Piwik installation wasn’t picking up on the new update available.

I am running 1.8.4. I know that 1.9.1 has been out for over a week now, and that it would fix a couple problems I was experiencing. However, my Piwik install wouldn’t tell me that there was a new version. I wasn’t getting any update alerts / notifications in the top right box.

I was wondering if there was a way to force an upgrade. Your solution workled wonderfully for me. I edited core/UpdateCheck.php and changed ‘CHECK_INTERVAL’ to something rediculously low like: 1. As soon as I refreshed my Piwik page, bam! Instantly notified me that an update was available.

Thanks for this!