Can't login - Nothing has changed

Piwik has been working for many months and has had 1.0 installed for several weeks. Never had a problem logging in to the admin prior to this point. I can’t login no matter what browser or computer I try to access from. Just started happening within the last 48 hours. After I login as the superuser, it immediately redirects me back to the login prompt with no error noted. If I put in the wrong credentials then it DOES tell me that the combination was incorrect. I thought maybe the installation had been hacked so I went and downloaded a fresh copy of 1.0 and it does the same thing. Deleted cookies but did nothing.

Specifically, when you authenticate successfully, it loads:

“GET /piwik/index.php?module=CoreHome&action=index&idSite=30&period=day&date=today HTTP/1.1” 302 45 "XXXXX/piwik/index.php?module=Login&action=index&idSite=30&period=day&date=today

Which immediately results in you getting handed off (redirected/Location
header) back to the login URL:

“GET /piwik/index.php?module=Login&action=index&idSite=30&period=day&date=today HTTP/1.1” 200 2097 “XXXXXX/piwik/index.php?module=Login&action=index&idSite=30&period=day&date=today”

Authentication is working, because if you enter bogus crap
it tells you username/password incorrect.

That’s sounds like maybe some configuration on your server maybe changed. Do you know of any apache/php settings that could have changed since it started failing?

Because of the redirect, it looks like some system change. Were there changes to the mysql user login/password/privileges? Was php updated? Changes to tzdata? Does this happen for all users or just one particular user?

Actually no, this was caused by the default site (as set in the Piwik configuration) being deleted and thus that siteid which was trying to be redirected to (as the first page shown after login) didnt exist anymore. Sounds like an edge case which needs to be accounted for in the code.

Can you please list steps to reproduce the issue? I wasn’t able to reproduce in 1.0. Thanks