Can't login after update to 3.5.1

Hi all,

Some information:

1. Matomo is installed on a remote server I can access via FTP
  2. MySQL version on server is 5.5.3
  3. Matomo (Piwik) has worked without any problems from december 2017 to yesterday

I followed the upgrade steps described for: The Manual Three-Step Update
see: Update Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo

When I started Matomo from my Firefox client (htttp://www.[xxxxxxx].com/piwik) I was asked to upgrade my database, so I pressed the update button. Result message was Error 500 Internal Server Error. Now I can’t access Matomo anymore via Firefox.

My ISP for the remote server tells me the error log shows:

[Mon Jun 25 14:33:59 2018] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] (104)Connection reset by peer: FastCGI: comm with server “/usr/local/apache2/bin/fcgi-php-5.6/fcgi-php5” aborted: read failed

[Mon Jun 25 14:33:59 2018] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] FastCGI: incomplete headers (36 bytes) received from server “/usr/local/apache2/bin/fcgi-php-5.6/fcgi-php5” [xxxxxxx.com] “GET /piwik/ HTTP/1.1” request_time:[2018-06-25 14:33:59]

What can I do to fix this issue?

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this happens if your FPM server has a really low max execution time (and timeouts as this upgrade does quite a lot of changes). Can you ask your host for running the update via console?

You leaked your URL in the post, so I will send you the update command via PN.

1 Like

Hi Fabian,

Thank you very much for your answer. My host has run the update command, and now I can log in to Matomo :smile:
Update command was:

php .../www/piwik/console core:update