Can't load after install

hi

i have managed to get as far as creating the database and uploading piwik by FTP, to the folder /analytics. however when i try to access http://mydomain.com/analytics i get the following messages:

PHP Warning: set_error_handler() expects the argument (Piwik_ErrorHandler) to be a valid callback in D:\Domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\analytics\index.php on line 40 PHP Warning: set_exception_handler() expects the argument (Piwik_ExceptionHandler) to be a valid callback in D:\Domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\analytics\index.php on line 41 PHP Fatal error: Class ‘Piwik_FrontController’ not found in D:\Domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\analytics\index.php on line 45

i am running on an IIS shared server with PHP 5 and MySQL 5.

any assistance will be most appreciated :slight_smile:

PLease try using this version (2.0) http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-2.0-a14.tar.gz

thanks for that, but still no-go… however, at least now i have a new error message:

PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or ‘(’ in D:\Domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\analytics\index.php on line 11

Reupload the file as they seem not uploaded properly

also check you are using php 5.3

it seems that the PHP version is 5.2.6, and owing to problems caused with some systems my hosts are not doing a blanket upgrade to 5.3

taking this and the earlier issues into account, i have now installed piwik on an apache server as this seemed to be the line of least resistance to getting up and running. this was an easy install without problems and i was up and running within minutes.

at this point all that remains is for me to say thank you for the prompt support, and congratulations: what an excellent piece of software, which we will now be using on all our clients’ sites.

Great thanks. If you are wealthy please consider a donation :wink: Donate - Analytics Platform - Matomo

Hello !

I just tried to update my existing und fully functional Piwik 1.2 Installation. Since automatic update did not work through the web interface (Piwik message “already latest version” ) , i tried to update manually, as described on the Piwik website.

BUT i experience the same error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or ‘(’ in / … /index.php on line 11

I uploaded the complete content of the “latest.zip” (version 2.0.2) onto my server, overwriting the existing installation (unzipped data in binary transfer mode)
The server i am using is running PHP 5.5

How to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance.

aah … yes: i already made a donation to Piwik :wink:

I have exactly the same issue. Tried to install it on two different domains. Maybe the latest Piwik version is buggy or missing files?

Make sure you restart the webserver after changing the PHP version. This error is usually because it’s not running at least PHP 5.3.2

I have PHP 5.2.17 and don’t have control over upgrading it. So there’s no alternative to install an older version of Piwik perhaps?

Aft. solving the issue with the php version: it’s finally aliiiive !

Yes, after upgrading the PHP everything worked great, thanks!