Can't beat error

Server freshly installed ubunt 18.04
php7.2-fpm

WARNING: /var/www/mysite.com/web/core/CliMulti/CliPhp.php(89): Warning - is_executable(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/bin/php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/mysite.com/web:/var/www/mysite.com/tmp) - Matomo 3.13.1 - Please report this message in the Matomo forums: https://forum.matomo.org (please do a search first as it might have been reported already) (Module: Installation, Action: getSystemCheck, In CLI mode: false)

I can confirm this error message, and it disappeared after adding /usr/bin/ at open_basedir in php.ini (which I reverted thinking that it is a bad idea).

Debian Jessie with php5.6-fpm

(This message was shown first time immediately after Matomo update 3.11.x > 3.13.1)

Hi,

Could you try putting an @ in front of is_executable as mentioned here:

1 Like

I want to confirm - your decision helped, the warning disappeared! Thank you for not leaving the problem unanswered!

1 Like

That will keep the warning away, but it generated a new warning in System check:
Errors below may be due to a partial or failed upload of Matomo files. → Try to reupload all the Matomo files in BINARY mode. ←

@john,

This is to be expected as it is just a temporary workaround until the next Matomo patch release contains this fix:

Thans, I understand.

I didn’t know for sure wether it was a minor bug in Matomo, or a hosting problem.

BR
John