Can't access admin panel

(stayclassyamerica) #1

Think everything went well with install. Didn’t see screen that said enter first website. How do I get to admin screen. I enter mysite/piwik/ but only get:

Piwik # open source web analytics

Piwik could not find any website in the database.
Backtrace:

#0 /home/techcent/public_html/piwik/core/FrontController.php(260): Piwik_Access->loadAccess()
#1 /home/techcent/public_html/piwik/index.php(50): Piwik_FrontController->init()
#2 {main}

* Piwik homepage
* Piwik Frequently Asked Questions
* Piwik Documentation
* Piwik Forums
* Piwik Online Demo

(vipsoft) #2

You can use the API to add a site, or use the sample data loader (you’ll probably want to delete it later), or drop your database and re-install.

(stayclassyamerica) #3

Thanks for responding but how do I go about doing any of that and why does the install skip a step? BTW, I did reinstall and it did the same thing. Plus I’m looking for easy and I think the skipped stepped is the issue that I’m trying to address.

(Matthieu Aubry) #4

piwik would skip the “new website” step only if piwik tables have been found in your database. are you installing piwik in an empty database? did you specify a prefix for piwik table (in case you already have a table “option” for example, which would conflict with the piwik option table).