Cannot update to 1.5

Hello,

when trying to upgrade from 1.4 to 1.5, Piwik fails before the database upgrade with

Table usr_web35_2.piwik_session doesn`t exist.

Is there a solution?

i been tryin to update to 1.5 also http://forum.piwik.org/read.php?2,78025, but not had any support, very strange as i have never had a problem with pwik support before or updating.

I reported this bug already during the RC stage. Obviously, it was not taken serious.

Please create the table manually. This is obviously a bug out of an early RC stage.

CREATE TABLE `piwik_session` (
								id CHAR(32) NOT NULL,
								modified INTEGER,
								lifetime INTEGER,
								data TEXT,
								PRIMARY KEY ( id )
								)  DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8

If “piwik” is not your table prefix, please edit it to yours.

~Peter

Ok, did that, looked fine at first. However, when logging in, now I get:

The requested website id = 1 couldn’t be found

The site table contains a site though with idSite = 1.

What now?

Please execute the single database update steps. The steps can be found in the files core/Updates/1.5-xx.php

The creat table / alter table statements must be executed in (e.g.) phpMyAdmin or some other DB tool.

~Peter

[quote=mediaproweb]
Please execute the single database update steps. The steps can be found in the files core/Updates/1.5-xx.php

The creat table / alter table statements must be executed in (e.g.) phpMyAdmin or some other DB tool.

~Peter[/quote]

yes but with mine, please look at the last line od code,

'CREATE TABLE piwik_log_conversion_item (
idsite int(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
idvisitor BINARY(8) NOT NULL,
server_time DATETIME NOT NULL,
idvisit INTEGER(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
idorder varchar(100) NOT NULL,

idaction_sku INTEGER(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
idaction_name INTEGER(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
idaction_category INTEGER(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
price FLOAT NOT NULL,
quantity INTEGER(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,
deleted TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED NOT NULL,

PRIMARY KEY(idvisit, idorder, idaction_sku),
INDEX index_idsite_servertime ( idsite, server_time )
) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8 '.
The error was: SQLSTATE[42S01]: Base table or view already exists: 1050 Table ‘piwik_log_conversion_item’ already exists

Yes this is OK. This only means, that this step was finished correctly by the Update or you have already executed that code. Get over to the next Statement.

[quote=mediaproweb]
Yes this is OK. This only means, that this step was finished correctly by the Update or you have already executed that code. Get over to the next Statement.[/quote]

then why do i get the error page, and why will is not let me pass the update page?

You have 6 1.5-xx.php’s in the core/Updates directory. Start action in 1.5-b1 until you executed all statements including 1.5-b5. Then it should run correctly.

[quote=mediaproweb]
You have 6 1.5-xx.php’s in the core/Updates directory. Start action in 1.5-b1 until you executed all statements including 1.5-b5. Then it should run correctly.[/quote]

now i get this?

SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column ‘revenue_subtotal’ in ‘field list’

Execute the last statement in core/updates/1.5-b1:

ALTER IGNORE TABLE `piwik_log_conversion`
				 ADD visitor_days_since_order SMALLINT(5) UNSIGNED NOT NULL AFTER visitor_days_since_first,
				 ADD idorder varchar(100) default NULL AFTER buster,
				 ADD items SMALLINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT NULL,
				 ADD revenue_subtotal float default NULL,
				 ADD revenue_tax float default NULL,
				 ADD  revenue_shipping float default NULL,
				 ADD revenue_discount float default NULL,
				 ADD UNIQUE KEY unique_idsite_idorder (idsite, idorder),
				 MODIFY  idgoal int(10) NOT NULL

i GET THIS ERROR #1054 - Unknown column ‘buster’ in ‘piwik_log_conversion’

Then you have to search the statement, where the buster column is added. "The steps can be found in the files core/Updates/1.5-xx.php "

can you explan in more detail please as i have no idea what you mean?

[quote=budgierless]

i GET THIS ERROR #1054 - Unknown column ‘buster’ in ‘piwik_log_conversion’[/quote]
check again column ‘buster’ or insert data to this column

[quote=johnlennon9687]

[quote=budgierless]

i GET THIS ERROR #1054 - Unknown column ‘buster’ in ‘piwik_log_conversion’[/quote]
check again column ‘buster’ or insert data to this column[/quote]

Thanks it worked, the buster column was missing, so i just made the table up with random settings. Can you tell me the correct settings for the buster column in piwik_log_conversion table please so i can make it work right the way it should, for example, INT(11) etc…?

buster int(10) unsigned NOT NULL

[quote=mediaproweb]
buster int(10) unsigned NOT NULL[/quote]

Thanks, i now have a working 1.5 updated vsersion :slight_smile: