Cannot install matomo with unitd as a app server

Hello

I’m trying to install matomo according to manual; when I do not have /usr/local/www/matomo/config/config.ini.php, system check complaints on “The configuration file {/usr/local/www/matomo/config/config.ini.php} has not been found or could not be read”; with empty config.ini.php, on " Access denied for user ‘’@‘localhost’ (using password: NO)"; with config.ini.php having login/password/database, on table matomo.options absence.

What should I do?

Alex

Hi,

That message comes from your MySQL server and indicates that the password and username are missing.
Make sure the section in the config looks like this:

[database]
host = "127.0.0.1"
username = "username"
password = "thepassword"
dbname = "matomo"
tables_prefix = "matomo_"

But you shouldn’t have to edit config.ini.php yourself. If the file doesn’t exist, Matomo will instead show you the installer and guide you through the settings that create the config file.
Maybe check that your webserver has write access to the config directory.

If the file doesn’t exist, Matomo will instead show you the installer and guide you through the settings that create the config file.

Somehow, system check complaints on “The configuration file {/usr/local/www/matomo/config/config.ini.php} has not been found or could not be read". Checked and double-checked all rights.

Maybe matomo installer requires websockets, which are not supported right now by unitd (my app server)?

Hi,

Matomo doesn’t use any websockets at all, but the error message seems to indicate that your PHP server can’t write there.

Of course it is also possible that Matomo has a bug in combination with unitd as I think nobody has yet tested this combination (or at least reported back)

It’s 100% not a permissions problem. I’ll try php-fpm

It’s a unitd issue. But I have no idea on how to trace it

After all, it turned out to be a nginx configure flaw, where part of uri got entered twice. Sorry for bothering all of you.

1 Like

Sounds great!

BTW: You might want to take a look at this: