Cannot create additional goals

I am trying to create new goals or edit existing ones, but after I click on “Save”, nothing happens???

Can you try with a different browser? After you refresh the page, do the new goal show or was it not created?

I tried with Google Chrome now, same problem. Goal doesn’t show after refresh.
I tried a to create a new goal with “containing” - that worked, while creating a new goal with “pattern exact” still results in the same problem

Can you try and delete tmp/cache/tracker/ folder and try again?

If you stlil ahve the problem, please PM the piwik URL + login/pwd + steps to reproduce the issue (is it a specific string, or any goal will fail?)

Solution #1 failed to fix the problem - PM sent with login details

I didn’t hear back from you, please check the problem.
For example, for my website www.onlinelottospielen24.de, I cannot create or edit ANY goal now. When I click “update goal”, the page keeps loading forever but never saves.

sounds like your tmp folder (and subdirectories) is no longer writeable by the web server

Just checked and set the whole tmp directory including the subdirs to 777, but no change. Deleted the “tracker” folder as well. No change.
I can create a new goal for “visit URL/pattern contains”, or “visit URL/matches expression”, but not "visit URL/is exactly"
Same for “Click on link to external website”, two options work, one doesnt.

Can you please email me the Piwik URL, login and password, and exact instructions to reproduce the bug?
Please put also URL of this post.
Also can you ffind any error in your error log for your webserver?

PM sent, thank you for your help

The problem is that mod_security must be enabled on your server.

When submitting with a URL in the request, the server returns error 403:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /piwik/index.php
on this server.</p>
<p>Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache mod_qos/9.69 mod_fcgid/2.3.6 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 Server at www.jackpotlotteryonline.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

See the FAQ: How do I configure Piwik when mod_security is enabled?

Any idea on how to do this? Sorry, when it comes to this kind of stuff, I am helpless.

having problem getting this fixed by server support. What about the alternative solution described in the FAQ, “Alternately, if your Piwik is hosted on the same domain as your website being tracked, you can edit your Piwik Javascript Tracking code to force data to be sent in POST, to avoid the mod_security check. Before the line …”

will that fix the problem just as well?

ask your hosting provider (looks like Hostgator) to whitelist your domains

Hi
yes this is already fixed. I can create/edit any goal now. Thanks alot for the help.

Still have problems with some goals not tracking. Goals with “Visit a given URL / pattern contains” work without problems, but: a goal with the options: "Click on a Link to an external website / Pattern contains: modjackru does not work.
The full link would be: http://ru.wintrillions.com/play_lottery.php?lot_id=19&account=98761b9f&track=modjackru, so why no tracking?

The sites gets 200+ hits a day, and this is not working for other “Click on a Link to an external website / pattern contains” goals as well - the links defo do gets hits, but they are not tracking.

Are the external websites clicks correctly tracked in Actions > Outlinks ?

No they are not showing there

Can you try in another website?>

I tried to replicate but for me goal tracking was working on “Click external website URL when URL matching XYZ”

When I use the option “URL matching” it works for me too. What is not working is the option "Click on a Link to an external website / Pattern contains:"
The problem is that on the website(s) in question I have a number of outgoing links with similar URLs, but they have different item ids. So I don’t want to create 30+ goals but one goal that covers them all, so I need to track a goal based on one part of the URL that they all have in common.

I created a page with link to example.org, then added a goal where the external website URL contains example, clicked on link and it recorded a goal.

This does not work when you try a simple HTML page?