Can I track keyword conversions on external sites?

I’m not sure if we can do this or not. We have a list of sites (let’s call them external sites) that are using Piwik. The external sites are sending traffic into our main product site which on a different domain.

Now are we able to track the keywords conversions for the external sites using Piwik. I’m thinking we might be able to place a pixel on our main product domain site or use the API somehow?

Why don’t you put trackers on all the external sites? Do you have many of them and want aggregated stats?

[quote=littleguy]
Why don’t you put trackers on all the external sites? Do you have many of them and want aggregated stats?[/quote]

What do you mean trackers?

I’m wanting to track conversions at keyword level. However the product site is on a different domain. We have sites that review our products then send the traffic into our main site (which is on a different domain).

I think I got it to work. I just tried it this morning. I placed the external sites pixel on our product success page. However it seemed to only work one time. Unless Piwik has some type of unique tracking in place. Where it will only count 1 conversion from 1 IP per day or whatever?

Yes you can easily track keyword conversions… make sure they use a different “piwik website”. Either you can tag all your links between websites with campaign tracking or you can add a custom search engine as a referrer in the list of search engines (but this is hack since the file will be overwritten in next release).

[quote=matt]
Yes you can easily track keyword conversions… make sure they use a different “piwik website”. Either you can tag all your links between websites with campaign tracking or you can add a custom search engine as a referrer in the list of search engines (but this is hack since the file will be overwritten in next release).[/quote]

I’m a bit confused on what you are talking about. To come and find out alls I did was add the tracking pixel on an outside site. It worked fine, the keyword conversion showed up as well…