Can I install piwik in my local machine via wampserver?

Hi,
Could I install piwik in my local machine using wampserver and track my site? Is that possible? Sorry if it is my stupidity to ask this :slight_smile:

Thanks

It seems possible but there is not enough information. We could assist you more if you tell us where is located the target website and if your private network is configured to accept incoming requests.

Hi,
I configured piwik in my local machine using wampserver2.0
My target site is hosted separately through web server. But how do I track visits for a site hosted through a web server from my local server?

I got the following error through the piwik installation process.

There is an error. Please report the message and full backtrace in the Piwik forums (please do a Search first as it might have been reported already!).

Warning: include(C:\wamp\www\piwik\tmp\templates_c%%4C^4CB^4CBFC613%%datatable_js.tpl.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\piwik\libs\Smarty\Smarty.class.php on line 1869

Backtrace -->
#0 Piwik_ErrorHandler(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\libs\Smarty\Smarty.class.php:1869]#1 Smarty::_smarty_include(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\libs\Smarty\Smarty.class.php:1869]#2 Smarty->_smarty_include(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\tmp\templates_c%%C4^C4B^C4B033F6%%datatable.tpl.php:80]#3 include(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\libs\Smarty\Smarty.class.php:1263]#4 Smarty->fetch(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\core\View.php:138]#5 Piwik_View->render(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\core\Controller.php:147]#6 Piwik_Controller->renderView(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\plugins\Referers\Controller.php:157]#7 Piwik_Referers_Controller->getWebsites(…) called at [:]#8 call_user_func_array(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\core\FrontController.php:136]#9 Piwik_FrontController->dispatch(…) called at [C:\wamp\www\piwik\index.php:53]

[quote=JulienM]
It seems possible but there is not enough information. We could assist you more if you tell us where is located the target website and if your private network is configured to accept incoming requests.[/quote]

Can you check if C:\wamp\www\piwik\libs\Smarty\Smarty.class.php exists on your machine ?

If it does exist, could you double check read permission on that file for the user executing wampserver ?

Hi

I want to know the steps to configure piwik with wamp server

plz help me in the configuration

thank you

@merlin check out the guide at: Installing Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo