Campaign Tracking Keywords Not Registering against Goals . . .?

Hi Piwik Community,
I love Piwik and want to ditch Google Analytics but have a small problem I need some help with first. :slight_smile:

I’ve dug and dug through the help pages trying to find the answer to this and have tried to work out what \ why it might be happening. I can program and run a small web company so am not completely new to websites :slight_smile: I can’t seem to get Piwik to log the passed pk_campaign and pk_keyword goal conversions from Google Adwords to log against the “pk_keyword”.

To do it, all I did was add the following to each page on the shop website as the core Piwik code for all pages excluding the shop “checkout success” page where I need to goal (single product sale) registering:

I then added the same code, plus the extra goal tracking code, to the checkout confirmation page to track the “conversion”:

That’s what I did, but it has only logged 1 goal conversion, and I know a lot more are converting from the Google Adwords campaign for sure. Not sure if it helps, but I used the Piwik URL builder and all the keyword destination URL’s in Adwords are set up to follow the format:

http://www.theshopwebsite.co.uk/Santa?pk_campaign=Adwords-SantaLetters2011&pk_kwd=santa%20lettersEXACT

As a result, I can see the campaign clicks coming through, but only 1 conversion and I know definitely a lot more are converting from an extra tracking system that the website itself has that tracks the PPC clicks and conversions.

Not sure if it helps, but I get the attached results which only shows 1 keyword “converted” from adwords, but I know more have. Any help greatly appreciated, my brain is toasted. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Paul

Please try 1.7-beta3 which contains a bug fix which might help you
http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-1.7-b3.zip

Note: it will only work for data going forward. Can you please update to 1.7-b3, wait 3 days, and report if these 3 days of conversion data look better than currently?

Thanks Matt, I will do. Just uploading it now. No problem if the beta removes the old statistics, but do you know if it will? Can I leave the existing javascript on the web pages and checkout confirmation page, or does it need tweaking with the new beta version, or are there no changes to it?

Many thanks,

Best Regards,
Paul

the beta is like a normal version update, it will keep all your stats etc. just update the code to a more recent version with more bug fixes