Bug: multiple sites

Hi,

I think I’ve found a bug.

Piwik was working fine after I added the first site, however after adding a second site Piwik stopped collecting stats. Removing the second site doesn’t remedy the problem. The only way to fix it is to delete the database and reinstall.

The two sites I added were under the same domain, ex:
Site 1: www.example.com
Site 2: subdomain.example.com

Edit:
I should also add that no data is being logged in the piwik_log_visit table after adding the second site.

Matt

I’ll see if I can confirm this when I get back to my desk.

In the meantime, please state your piwik, php, and mysql versions, and what web server you’re using. Thanks.

[quote=vipsoft @ Jun 27 2009, 05:46 AM]I’ll see if I can confirm this when I get back to my desk.

In the meantime, please state your piwik, php, and mysql versions, and what web server you’re using. Thanks.[/quote]
Piwik 0.4 && 0.4.1 (both version are affected)
PHP 5.2.6-2.fc8
MySQL 5.0.45-6.fc8
Apache 2.2.9-1.fc8

There may also be a second bug with long subdomains. The second site I added wordpressreference.mattvalentino.com also doesn’t want to work on its own. (I did try a shorter version of that subdomain and the same issue persisted.)

Sorry, I couldn’t reproduce this.

I used domain.tld, www.domain.tld, and reallylongsubdomain.domain.tld and Piwik recorded and displayed the proper pageview counts for all 3.

Check that your tracking code for each website is using the corresponding site ID.