Blank page after Update

Hi guys,

Hope you can help me…

I followed this guide to manually update my 1.12 Piwik installation to the newest version (currently 2.0.3): Update Piwik - Analytics Platform - Matomo

After updating and looking at my Piwik page, it’s just a white, empty page.

Any suggestions?

protanner

Hello,

i have the same problem. I think, the latest Version of Piwik is damaged. If you would enable the PHP errors, you would see such message:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING or ‘(’ in /mnt/weba/c1/35/51051635/htdocs/peterrossa/testpiwik/index.php on line 11

Thats what i get after i turned the error handling on. I really hope they fix that issue very soon, because my company is about to use it, but i wanna start with the latest version.

Hi Pezi

Thank’s for the reply.

I actually recommended Piwik to my previous employer. Now I’m glad he decided against it. Nevertheless, I’m using it privately, and I hope this problem will be solved soon either with a never version or some further instructions!

protanner

This error is in the FAQ, you could have found solution there. The solution is to upgrade the PHP version to a more recent as Piwik 2 requires PHP 5.3.2

in the next verison of Piwik, when you are running less than 5.3.2 then you will see a nice message explaining piwik requires 5.3

Thank you matt, I’ll try to solve it with a PHP update! I will post the result here.

After the update, everything seems to be working fine!

Thank you matt for the solution. I searched the FAQ and knowledge base and forum before posting my question, but not good enough apparently.

Have a nice weekend!