Better sharing of dashboard views

if anonymous users are able to view my site information, i should be able to share a specific dashboard view without sharing my token.

as it looks now, it isn’t possible to share a dashboard view without giving a user the ability to modify it.

perhaps make the widget layout loadable by url parameters?

thanks

That sounds like a good idea, I think Google Analytics does this a lot to let analysts share their custom dashboards layouts and report configurations… Maybe create a ticket on the issue tracker if you’d like to keep track of it! The Core Team Workflow: DevelopInDepth - Matomo Analytics (formerly Piwik Analytics) - Developer Docs - v3

What is the status of this? I would indeed be interested to be able to share a preconfigured dashboard with my team.

Thanks in advance!

Patrick

i created a ticket for this, and detailed how i made a hack solution

Thanks!

In case it helps someone, a part of my issue can be worked around by using “Set as default widgets selection” and “Copy dashboard to user”. I suppose that the first one would also apply to anonymous users.

where is the “Set as default widgets selection” option, i can’t seem to find it

In your dashboard, Widgets & Dashboard, Manage dashboard.

Indeed, I hadn’t spotted this in the first place.

sweet, thanks!

so the default dashboard is the one for anonymous? i can’t seem to copy the dashboard to the anonymous user…

That’s what I suspected. I didn’t try.