Piwik 0.6-rc1 is available for download as a public release. Please try it out on your test server and let us know, in this thread, if you have any issue. If not, this will be released as Piwik 0.6 stable at the end of April.
- the Visits per server time report doesn’t show dates in the website specified timezones, but in UTC
- the tooltip in the Goal report page doesn’t display conversion counts
How to beta test Piwik?
The easiest way is to install a new Piwik, on a fresh DB, and add the code to your website (next to your existing Piwik JS tracking code).
If you want to test your existing Piwik install upgraded to 0.6-rc1, we recommend the following method:
- copy your current Piwik database in a test database that you will use with 0.6-rc1
- download Piwik 0.6-rc1 and unzip in your server in test_piwik/ - do NOT overwrite your current production Piwik.
- copy your config/config.ini.php from your running stable Piwik 0.5.5 (or other) and copy it in your test_piwik/config/
- VERY IMPORTANT: modify test_piwik/config/config.ini.php and replace your stable DB name with your copy test DB. This ensures that the upgrade is only executed in the test DB.
- go to your website/test_piwik/ and run the upgrade. This might take a long time as there are large DB schema upgrades.
- get the JS code from the test_piwik install and copy paste it in your website footer, just after your original Piwik JS tracking code. Visits will be tracked in both Piwik at the same time.
- test Piwik style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.gif
Download Piwik 0.6-rc1
Click on: http://builds.piwik.org/piwik-0.6-rc1.zip
Please write bugs that you may find in this forum thread. We will read it often and ensure we follow up and fix issues. Thank you for your help!