Avg. time on page graph always too low

I have problems with Avg. time on page graph which is generated for pages or page titles in row evolution. It almost always shows 0 or 1s but in the table I see correct numbers: 1 min 17s, 2 min 24s etc.

Do you have the same problem?

We have the same problem. We’re using the latest version of Piwik, but the problem has been present for as long as I can remember.

Regardless of the numbers reported in the “Avg Time on Page” column, the row evolution time-on-page graph will report that all values are between 0 and 1 second, but the graph generally shows between 0 and 2s. Except one section of our site graphs between 0 and 53s for some reason.

Some pages deeper in the website seem to have correct row evolution graphs, though even these mostly-correct pages are prone to having incorrect data points of 1s.

I wonder if certain parts of the statistics history weren’t processed properly and should be re-processed to get the correct time-on-page figures?

Cheers,
Warwick

(Matthieu Aubry) #3

We are working on this fix - can you check that it occurs only for German or French etc. but that it works OK in english language?

it should be fixed in latest piwik beta I would like to test early beta and RC releases, how do I enable automatic updates to use these development versions? - Analytics Platform - Matomo 2.9.0-b8

if you experience in 2.9.0-b8 then please create issue on Issues · matomo-org/piwik · GitHub