AUTO-ARCHIVING no emails sent

Hi all,

I have a problem with “AUTO-ARCHIVING”. It wont sent a report for a scheduled date.
I have followed the instructions on this page: How to Set up Auto-Archiving of Your Reports User Guide - Analytics Platform - Matomo
I am using Ubuntu and Matomo version 3.9.1

When I test my cron command I don’t get any errors and I see no errors in my log file after my cron job is finished.

I am able to send a report via email when I click “Send report” in the Matomo UI
I set “report archiving in browser” to “no” and it should use my cron job.

This is my cron job: 5 * * * * root sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/console core:archive --url=https://mysite > /mypath/piwik-archive.log

And another strange behaviour, sometimes it sends the report I scheduled before.

I hope someone can help me.

Kind regards
Tim Schröter

I think you did mix up two things :wink:

The cron archiving has nothing to do with the reports that you can automatically send. So I guess your cron is working, because you seem to have data that you want to send.

The reasons why the scheduled reports are not working are uncountable. You will find some ideas in this very forum :slight_smile:

Hi,

I fixed the problem.

Edit your config/config.ini.php and under the [General] category add the following:

noreply_email_address = "noreply@YourDomain.com"
login_password_recovery_email_address = "noreply@YourDomain.com"
login_password_recovery_replyto_email_address = "noreply@YourDomain.com"

Hope this helps.