Attack?

Hello everybody,

I recently had an issue on my piwik server which I think is due to an attack and wanted to share it with you to know if anybody has ever been confronted with this problem or if the problem is related with a bug in piwik…

I am currently using piwik 1.2 on a dokuwiki webpage. At some point the error.log gets filled with the following two lines that are repeating a huge amount of time (about 600Mb of those lines actually), before stopping and restarting with a different IP address an hour later:

[Wed Nov 06 05:07:02 2013] [error] [client 78.245.207.234] PHP Warning: feof() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/piwik/core/Http.php on line 388, referer: start [SPC Wiki]
[Wed Nov 06 05:07:02 2013] [error] [client 78.245.207.234] PHP Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/piwik/core/Http.php on line 389, referer: start [SPC Wiki]

The piwik server is in a virtual machine and the disk got filled at some point and the server crashed. Do you have any idea on how I could prevent such “attacks” or if this is “bug” related.

Best regards

Actually after performing some checks. It appears that these errors are not generated by attacks, but rather by a simple connexion to the website. These errors are not reproducible, so I cannot give you further details…

Do anybody ran into such a problem?

Thank you in advance for your help…

Best regards

Finally I solved the problem. There was a typo in the url of the geolocalisation update website.

Sorry…

Best regards